The park was built as a WPA Project in 1925, and serves as Eastland’s primary park. It is located in the south west area of Eastland near the intersection of South Neblett and West Plummer. The park has covered picnic tables, a large barbeque pit, children’s play area and restrooms. In 2005 a Master Plan was developed to change the landscape and function of the park when funding is available.
The Park features a splash pad type "Water Park" which opened in 2005, and is operated and maintained by the city. It offers many attractions that set it apart from an ordinary city swimming pool and includes a sunken ship toddler slide, a kiddies dual-action-slide, mushroom waterfall, and a figure 8 body-shoot slide.
For additional information, please call 254-629-3349.
Developed by the Men's Fellowship Class of the First Christian Church during the time of segregation, this small park served the African-American community for many years. Located along the North Fork of the Leon River and North Seaman Street, the park offers concrete picnic tables, barbecue pit, swings and restrooms.
Another piece of Eastland oil history, Ringling Lake and Park were originally built as a water stop for the Eastland, Wichita Falls & Gulf Railroad (aka the Ringling Railroad) by investors that included H. P. Brelsford, Earl Conner, Breckenridge Stephens Walker, C.U. Connellee and others. The railroad was to extend from May in Brown County to Newcastle in Young County. The line began in 1918 and was financed by John Ringling, of circus fame and was known for a time as the Ringling, Eastern and Gulf Railway. Unfortunately the circus never made stops at the lake. The line was abandoned in 1944 and the property was deeded as a permanent park to the City of Eastland.
Currently ATV and dirt bike riders, along with members of the two recreation clubs, and oil/gas related personnel are allowed entry into the park. No other vehicles are allowed access to prevent damage to the lake and park areas. The public entry gate for ATV/dirt bikes is open daily from sunup to sundown weather permitting. No public access after wet weather or dark is allowed.
Eastland Rifle & Pistol Club and Skeet Range
Eastland Rifle & Pistol Club and Skeet Range offers members only access to the park and their facilities which include outdoor pistol, rifle and muzzle loading shooting. The Skeet Range has 8 shooting stations and has stadium lighting for night shooting. For more information on this club contact:
Cross Timbers Archery Club
Cross Timbers Archery Club is another, members only, park access area. For more information: Cross Timbers Archery Club
Located adjacent to City Park near the intersection of W. Sadosa and S. College. Eastland’s baseball complex consists of 5 fields and is utilized by various city league teams. City staff and volunteers maintain the complex throughout the year.
Lakeside Golf Course
Eastland’s Best Kept Secret!
Lakeside Golf Course, a par-71 course, located just north of the Eastland city limits, off State Farm Road 3101 on County Road 157, measures 6,000 yards from the back tees. Featuring rolling hills and awesome fairways, Lakeside Golf Course is the perfect place to perfect your game using our Driving Range, participating in one of the local fundraising tournaments, or just for that relaxing Sunday afternoon get-a-way game.
Lone Cedar Golf Course
This 18-hole golf course with pro shop is located on the shores of Lake Leon. Call for more information.