Eastland Visitor Center   Eastland Chamber of Commerce   The City of Eastland   Eastland Economic Development Corporation   Eastland Community Foundation   Eastland News & Events
 
Eastland Visitor Center

www.EastlandVisitor.com


Visitor Information
 £ Home
 £ History of Eastland
 £ History of Eastland County
 £ Bird's-Eye View
 £ Contact Eastland
 
 £ Attractions
 £ Museums
 £ Memorials
 £ Old Rip
 
 £ Recreation
 £ Lakes
 £ Golf Courses
 £ Parks
 
 £ Restaurants 
 £ Accommodations
 £ Receptions & Reunions

 

 

    1-877-2-OLD-RIP

 

 

 


 

-  PARKS



Park Hill

The park was built as a WPA Project in 1925, and serves as Eastlandís primary park. It is located in the south west area of Eastland near the intersection of South Neblett and West Plummer.

The park has covered picnic tables, a large barbeque pit, childrenís play area and restrooms.

In 2005 a Master Plan was developed to change the landscape and function of the park when funding is available. See the Master Plan.

The Park features a splash pad type "Water Park" which opened in 2005, and is operated and maintained by the city. It offers many attractions that set it apart from an ordinary city swimming pool and includes a sunken ship toddler slide, a kiddies dual-action-slide, mushroom waterfall, and a figure 8 body-shoot slide.

Hours of Operation
and more pictures


 

Ringling Lake Park

The 600 acre park is located north of the city off Highway 112, on County Road 536, and provides a natural and rugged setting for hiking, fishing, and camping.

Ringling Lake was originally owned by the famous circus king, John Ringling and others, and was later donated to the City of Eastland. During the 1930's it was developed into a recreational park, but gradually lost its appeal.  It is hoped funding may be available in the future to bring the park back to its full potential.

Located within the Park are the Cross Timbers Archery Club and the Eastland Rifle and Pistol Club.

 

Municipal Baseball and Softball Complex and Fields

Located adjacent to City Park near the intersection of W. Sadosa and S. College.

Eastlandís baseball complex consists of 5 fields and is utilized by various city league teams. City staff and volunteers maintain the complex throughout the year.

 

 


Friendship Park

Developed by the Men's Fellowship Class of the First Christian Church during the time of segregation, this small park served the African-American community for many years. Located along the North Fork of the Leon River and North Seaman Street, the park offers concrete picnic tables, bbq pit, swings and restrooms.

 

 

 


Designed and Hosted by TXOL.net ©2005-2012